Sunday, October 3, 2010

Vlm Carpet Cleaning Defined

Very Low Moisture cleaning commonly refers to maintaining your carpeting with either a 175 rpm floor buffer, a Cimex, or an OP (Oscillating Pad) machine . ccuaw-2

Bonnet Cleaning of Carpets


Bonnet Cleaning normally refers to using a 175rpm Floor buffer with a pad or brush. The Cotton Bonnet that is often used with these is where Bonnet Cleaning gets it's name. There have been a couple of very large national franchise of carpet cleaners that have based their system on Bonnet cleaning with a 175 rpm machine.

Cimex Floor Machine

The Cimex is an unusual twist on the rotating head cleaner. It has three small heads that counter rotate to the direction of the main disk. It appears to be a regular floor buffer however the agitation of the carpet is not the same. This unit is very popular for encaping commercial carpet

Oscillating Pad (OP) Carpet Machine

The Op machines look the same as the 175 rpm floor buffer but has a totally different action. The base of the unit vibrates and rapidly rotates in little small circles and rotates in a large circle also. It is very deceptive as to how much work it is doing. It works very well on some carpeting and rugs like Sculpted Berbers and Berbers. Vlm Carpet Cleaning Defined as a method of carpet cleaning that uses very little water.

What is a Wickback?

Wick backs are a problem with most carpets, more so with carpets that are glued directly to the floor. Primarily with Hot Water Extraction you can clean a carpet and the stain will appear be gone. As the carpet dries the stain will possibly return. This is caused by the moisture in the carpet is wicking up the fiber and bringing the stain up the fiber and onto the top of the carpet. Bonnet Cleaning, Encapsulating, and OP methods rarely have wicking challenges.

Pet Difficulties with Carpet

Usually with modest Pet Urine problems you can soak the area with just about the same quantity of Urine solution, let soak for twenty to thirty minutes and then extract. If an area has been badly abused by a pet over and over the pad and sub floor will be contaminated. To solve this problem in most cases you will have to pull up the carpet, replace the carpet pad, paint the sub floor with a special sealer. Often it will be best to to replace the carpet.

Encapsulated Carpet Cleaning There are new cleaning agents available that are known as Encapsulating. What these cleaning solutions do is break the dirt's bond with the rug fibers and dry to a flake. This flake will separate from the carpet with regular vacuuming. These chemicals were engineered for the Very Low Moisture carpet cleaners but usually work effectively with Steam Cleaning also.


What are the Benefits of Vacuuming More Often.

Carpet is an excellent air filter for your home. Dust particles and dirt will naturally be caught in the carpet fibers. Regular vacuuming will eliminate much of this dust and dirt. Some of this dust will drop through the carpet and not come back up. Have you ever realized how you do not find the dust bunnies on a carpeted floor but you will get dust bunnies forming after a day or two with you have hard surface floors.

What is most vital aspect in Rug cleaning?

The five most important stages to cleaning a carpet. Cleaning solution, dwell time, agitation, heat, the cleaning technician. If the equipment is running properly and the technician is proficient on how to work his equipment the most significant element in getting your carpeting clean is the Technician.


20% of Dirt is Sticky

A number of studies have established that approximately 20% of the dirt in most carpets is sticky and will attach to the actual fiber making it look dirty. The other 80% is dry and will usually be removed by vacuuming as long as it is still on top of the carpet. If the dry dirt has been trampled to the bottom of the carpet it is not likely you will not have the ability to get it out of the carpet. You are unable to get enough airflow to get dry dirt from the backing of the carpeting back up through the top layer. What carpet cleaners are trying to clean is the 20% of the sticky dirt that sticks to the fibers and makes the carpet look dirty.

Want to find out more about Salt Lake City Upholstery and Carpet Cleaning, then visit Ron J. Kemp's site on how to choose the best Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner in Chico .

No comments:

Post a Comment